Features in Operator for TSM® that free up administrators’ time
1. Automated tape handling allows administrators to share responsibility with novice users
Tape-handling is often difficult for personnel without formal TSM training, and TSM administrators are often reluctant to allow others to tamper with their TSM server.
On the other hand, external auditors stress that the responsibility for backup and offsite tape handling should not be limited to one person.
Operator for TSM automates the check-in, check-out and vault content auditing tasks so users without TSM experience can perform these tasks.
- Remains secure because users that handle off-site media only have permission to carry out check-in, check-out and vault content auditing
- Users are guided via on-screen instructions and animations that even show the actual tape-library
- Advanced error handling ensures that commands are issued correctly and unexpected results are handled automatically by the program
- All executed commands and TSM feedback is recorded in a detailed log-file for auditing purposes
2. Modern Windows look and feel makes new users quickly feel at home
TSM only has a few similarities with other systems, and even the administration interface is unique. What’s more, the hundreds of commands and functions make it complex to use.
Operator for TSM® reduces the complexity for new users and TSM Administrators alike.
- Task-oriented interface makes it quick and easy quick to find the relevant commands for whatever you’re working on
- Most common tasks have been prioritized to simplify work processes for users
- Most information is placed in sortable grids with right-click menus in most cells – which any Windows user will find familiar and easy to use
3. Integration with Wizards Storage Portal® makes it easy to access updated historic graphs
Unless you decide to set up a separate reporting system with its own database, TSM's built-in reporting capabilities have traditionally offered static information.
Operator for TSM® is integrated with the cloud-based Wizards Storage Portal® TSM reporting solution, which keeps information up-to-date and makes it easy to set up and use.
- No setup or configuration required
- Quick access to historic graphs without the hassle of managing extra hardware for reporting purposes
- Simply click on the report you want to see, and Operator retrieves the report from an ssl-web service and displays it in its own UI
Try Wizards Storage Portal
Register for your free trial.
We’ll then send you a registration code, and you’ll be ready to go.
Operator for TSM requirements
Operator for TSM can be installed on any Windows machine running XP, Vista, 2003 or 2008.
- One or more TSM servers from version 5.3 to 6.3
- Platform : any
- TSM administrative command line client (dsmadmc.exe)
- Microsoft .Net Framework ver. 3.5 including fix-packs(may require reboot)
- TSM administrator account with SYSTEM privilege.
- Internet connection. Port 443(SSL) is used for download of upgrades and validation.